KIDS/NTS information for professionals
Any health professional based in the West Midlands who is caring for critically ill neonates or children can call the emergency referral line - 0300 200 1100. You will have 24/7 access to a paediatric intensive care or neonatal expert, PICU or NICU bed finding and our transfer service. All calls to the emergency referral line are recorded for training, monitoring and audit purposes.
KIDS / NTS core infrastructure consists of:
- 24 hour operations centre with freephone number (0300 200 1100 - for doctors and nurses only) and teleconferencing facilities
- Dedicated 'on call' consultant paediatric intensivist
- Paediatric Intensive Care (PIC) team - PIC doctor/advanced nurse practitioner and nurse
- Dedicated ‘on call’ consultant neonatologist
- Neonatal transfer service team – advanced nurse practitioner/neonatal doctor and nurse
- On-site bespoke critical care ambulances provided by St John Ambulance Service
To access full details of the service as well as our drug calculators and other information for professionals, please visit our dedicated website: kids.bwc.nhs.uk.